From: Rob Lemley (rclemley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-29 13:45:49

Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> The readme suggests I run $BOOST_ROOT/tools/build/jam_src/build.sh.
> This directory exists, but the file does not.
>
> It also suggests I run "bjam <options>". I can't think of any options
> I want a priori [ ;-) ] so I run bjam with no options, but to no avail:
>
> jeff_at_krypton:bgl-python-0.9 $ bjam
> Unable to load Boost.Build: could not find "boost-build.jam"
> Attempted search from /home/jeff/tmp/bgl-python-0.9 up to the root
> and in these directories from BOOST_BUILD_PATH and BOOST_ROOT: /usr/share/boost-build.
> Please consult the documentation at 'http://www.boost.org'.
> jeff_at_krypton:bgl-python-0.9 $

If you need the sources for boost (and you will, if you need the boost
build system for bjam), I recommend that you get the Debian package source:

    mkdir boost
    cd boost #unpacked package files will be here
    apt-get source boost #this will make a subdir boost-1.32.0

You should now have the unpacked boost source from the Debian source
package in the directory boost-1.32.0. So you should be able to set
BOOST_ROOT to <somewhere>/boost/boost-1.32.0 and then build BGL-python.

The tools/build/jam_src/build.sh is in there also, but you shouldn't
need it because it appears that you already have the Debian binary
package for bjam. The build.sh script builds bjam. So you should be
able to skip the "Boost.Jam" section in the BGL-python README.

--
Hope this helps,
Rob