From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-07 05:37:20

> I was wondering the Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 was going to be a future
> platform for boost. I believe no port is necessary just the
> appropriate bjam configuration.
>
> I have tried using the "vc-7_1" option but even though most of the
> libraries are created, when you try to use them, files such as
> msvcptr.lib are requested (though this does not generate any error
> during the compilation)...
>
> Maybe there is a workaround already?

I don't believe any workarounds are required as such: the toolkit ships with
the same compiler as VC7.1, the only difference is that the dynamic runtime
libraries are not supplied. So as long as you build your application with a
static runtime you should be OK - unless I'm missing something here.

John.