From: Ames Andreas (Andreas.Ames_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-11 09:21:32

Hi all,

I have a problem with building program_options on VC 7.1.
It is only related to program_options in that this is one
of the boost libs with the longest names. The problem is
the path length of files generated during build. As an
example, there is a file generated with the name

bin/boost/libs/program_options/build/libboost_program_options.lib/vc-7_1/debug/native-wchar_t-off/threading-multi/libboost_program_options-vc71-mt-gd-1_33.CMD

which amounts to 158 characters in length. As the path
to the leading bin directory is already 100 characters long,
I cannot build (max. 254 characters on NTFS). Besides
shortening the preceding path, is there any other solution
(like customizing the generated path)?

TIA,

aa

--
Andreas Ames | Programmer | Comergo GmbH |
Voice:  +49 69 7505 3213 | andreas . ames AT comergo . com