From: Peter Whaite (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-11 16:40:47

One thing that catches me out every now and then is that I compile with
the wrong boost header files.

What I'd like to be able to do is omit the version number from the
Makefile and include/ld the most recent `bjam install`.

By default bjam hard links the libraries, e.g.
libboost_serialization_gcc.a->libboost-serialization-gcc-1_33.a
but there is no such linkage for the headers, e.g.
/usr/local/include/boost->/usr/local/include/boost-1_33. I can maintain
it by hand, but inevitably I end up forgetting.

Is there something I can do to get bjam to update the header link
automatically?