From: Svaley Streasm (svaley_s_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-17 03:59:50

  Hi,

  I understand that shared_ptr uses the 'quick_allocator' when I compile the library with BOOST_SP_USE_QUICK_ALLOCATOR. But this means that I get the 'quick_allocator' working for every type that I use with shared_ptr, and this bothers me because this seems as a waste of memory for instances of classes that are not frequently used. Besides, the 'quick_allocator' unlike Scott Meyers suggestion (use a pool that can be destroyed) doesn't frees its free blocks which means that, shared_ptr of types that are used only in initialization stage will occupy memory which can not be recycled. Am I missing something?

  Thank you,

  Svaley

Yahoo! Photos