From: Joseph Turian (turian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-17 12:19:47

Robert,

> However, in your example, the static object isn't a pointer - its a static
> integer. Given that default behavior for primitive types (including
> integers) is not tracked, multiple copies of j will be stored/loaded.

How can I ensure, in the example I give, that the primitive static
members will be stored/loaded only once?

I see how to control the tracking behavior of classes.
http://www.boost.org/libs/serialization/doc/traits.html#tracking
How can I change the tracking of particular objects?

Thank you for explaining that tracking means that two objects with the
same address are never serialized twice. I didn't understand that from
the documentation, but it's very useful.
Is the performance overhead too high for me just to turn on tracking
for all objects?

   Joseph

--
http://www.cs.nyu.edu/~turian/