From: Thorsten Ottosen (tottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-24 04:55:49

Hi Bill,

Bill Buklis wrote:

> Is this a bug or am I expecting it to do something that it shouldn't?
> Does anyone know a workaround for this (at least temporarily)?
>
> Compiler: VC 7.1
> boost: 1.33.0

> The "base" function for reverse iterators in the pointer container
classes

> do not return the underlying iterator type as expected. It appears
that "base" returns a reverse iterator instead. This is not specific
with ptr_vector. All the pointer containers seem to have this problem.

Indeed they have. Thay always return the iterators with void*
value_type. It's my oversigt.

I haven't tried it, but to get an iterator given a reverse iterator, one
should be able to do

iterator i( ri.base().base() );

Looks pretty ugly.

-Thorsten