From: Paul Floyd (paul.floyd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-30 16:27:27

Xavier.Abulker_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to install Boost 1.33.1 on a Sun Solaris 5.9 Sunpro 11 and
> after the command:
> bjam "-sTOOLS=sunpro" install
> I receive the error message:
>
> >> Assertion: (../lnk/init.cc, line 1032)
> while processing
> /ftx/opt/SUNWspro/prod/include/CC/Cstd/rw/messages.cc at line 0.
> >> Assertion: (../lnk/init.cc, line 1032)
> while processing
> /ftx/opt/SUNWspro/prod/include/CC/Cstd/rw/messages.cc at line 0.
>
> Do you know how I can solve this problem?
> It looks like Sun has released a patch to solve the error "Assertion:
> (../lnk/init.cc, line 1032)" but I can't find it for solaris 5.9 +
> Studio 11

Hi

To get the most with Studio 11, you need the latest patches and to use
stlport4. In ordr to do that, use

bjam -sTOOLS=sunpro -sSUNPRO_CXX="CC -library=stlport4"

This should get you a sizeable chunk of Boost 1.33.1 built.

The downside is that all the libs and apps must be compiled/linked with
-library=stlport4. The problem is with libCstd which isn't very
standard. Sun cast it in iron some time before they had a standards
conforming (or almost) compiler, and won't ever change it as that would
break existing code.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that between the next round of Studio
11 patches and the next release of Boost, just about everything will
compile.

The easiest way to check for patches is in the sunstudio IDE,
Help->Check now for updates... Personally, I use Patch Check Advanced (pca).

A+
Paul