From: gast128 (gast128_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-31 06:46:19

> If you mean the latest release of Boost, then it has always included
> the bjam sources, but has never included a bjam executable. I think
> it's pretty clear from the docs that the sources for bjam are part of
> the Boost release, isn't it? The need to build a tool just to be able
> to build boost was seen as anathema to many people (different
> programming cultures have different needs), so the Getting Started
> guide strongly encouraged downloading a prebuilt bjam executable.

A significant number of questions posted here is about linking errors and thus
prebuilt boost libraries.

If I am new to a library, I should exactly told what to do (click on this,
click on that), and therefore made an article on www.codetools.com 'Building
Boost libraries for Visual Studio' intended for the same audience as myself.

In general I find the boost documentation not too bad, but as always it could
better. Perhaps a good tip is to let a third person write the documentation,
but this can be difficult since most people have regular jobs.

Further on, I still haven't figured out, how to print these new boost book
format... A prebuilt pdf or big html would be nice here...

Wkr,
me