From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-31 10:13:11

gast128 <gast128_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Nice! But it looks wrong at step 1.
>>
>> The bjam commands you show there do not generate batch files as you
>> claim. They build the Boost libraries!
>>

> Yes you are right, I hope I did communicate it in that way.

  This should correspond to the following command line:

     1. bjam "-sBUILD=debug <runtime-link>dynamic <threading>multi" "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1"
     2. bjam "-sBUILD=release <runtime-link>dynamic <threading>multi" "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1"

  This gives two batch files:

      * zbuilddebug.zip
      * zbuildrelease.zip

Seems to state very clearly that the commands will "give two batch
files." I'm afraid your instructions will cause everything to be
built twice.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting