From: Kamil Marcinkowski (kamil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-31 13:00:40

Hello,

I need to compile boost as a 64 bit program using vacpp 8.0 compiler,
on AIX 5.3ml3, power5, p5-550 and p5-595.

I can compile boost with vacpp in 32bit mode fine, but all my
attempts at compiling it 64 bit have not resulted
with any success so far.

The vacpp toolset does not offer any options and does not allow for
any options or
configuration variables.

I do not understand the syntax of the vacpp-tools.jam file or (bjam
in general)
and cannot edit the file with any success.

I just need the following flags passed to the compiler:
<cxxflags> -q64
<linkflags> -q64
<arflags> -q64

Thanks,

Kamil

Kamil Marcinkowski Westgrid System Administrator
kamil_at_[hidden] University of Alberta site
  Tel.780 492-0354 Research Computing Support
Fax.780 492-1729 Academic ICT (formerly CNS)
Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA University of Alberta

"This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which
it is
addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged
recipient of this communication. If you are not the intended
recipient of
this communication, do not copy, distribute, or take action on it. Any
communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be
deleted or
destroyed."