From: Paul Floyd (paul.floyd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-01 18:00:49

William Deegan wrote:
> On 2/1/06, Paul Floyd <paul.floyd_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>>William Deegan wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone know how to get bjam to build sun with sunpro 64 bits?
>

>>Why? I just built it with gcc. It's not as if it is very performance
>>critical or needs to access more than four gigs or RAM.
>

> Let me clarify.
> I'd like to build boost itself with sunpro 64bits.
> Our application is built 64bits and thus needs the boost libraries to
> be built as such.

OK, but you'll need to clarify a little more. Is this for a SPARC or AMD
64 system? To cater for either, you'll need the -xarch=generic64 option.
For SPARC only, it's -xarch=v9, for AMD it's -xarch=amd64. There are
other options for -xarch (and -xtarget and -xchip), but these are the
basic ones.

I'm rather new to boost, and I don't know bjam too well. So far I've
seen two ways to pass these options to the compiler:

1. edit tools/build/v1/sunpro-tools.jam and add some lines like
flags sunpro C++FLAGS : -xarch=generic64
flags sunpro LINKFLAGS : -xarch=generic64
2. Use a command line something like
bjam -sTOOLS=sunpro-sSUNPRO_CXX="CC -library=stlport4 -xarch=generic64"
stage

A+
Paul