From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-06 11:12:47

Evan Carew <carew_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>
>>Evan Carew <carew_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>>Am I missing something? You wanted a thread didn't you?
>>

>>I'm sorry, wasn't this supposed to be an example of a thread where a
>>programmer with a question didn't connect with the respondents? Maybe
>>I don't understand what that means?
>>
> As it happens, it is an example of a programmer having trouble with
> the build process, bjam, and his inability to find sufficient
> documentation to get the job done.

Okay, not what you said.

> Contrary to what is usually said about boost's build process,

What is usually said about it? Mostly I hear frustration.

> this query is about the ability to build python extensions using the
> mandatory bjam process.

If you read the thread carefully, you'll see that the OP was asking
about how to build python extensions *without* using the mandatory
bjam process.

> If you read the thread,

Of course I have read the thread; there are four entries in it, two of
which are my replies to the OP! Are we talking about different threads?

> you will experience one of the examples you were requesting.

I was requesting an example of, as you said,

  "threads where a programmer with a question doesn't seem to connect
   with the respondents"

but you just told me this thread was an example of something else.
Well, thanks for trying.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting