From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-06 11:46:54

Evan Carew <carew_at_[hidden]> writes:

> As luck would have it, in my case, I was able to find some decent
> documentation outside of boost's web site which did an excellent job
> of describing the library I had a question about & my problem was
> solved the same night. I have a feeling that's how a not insubstantial
> fraction of frustrated querys end up getting resolved, that, or they
> simply end up getting dropped. I really do hope You manage to give Mr.
> Bourdenas something useful in his quest to compile python extensions
> with the more common infrastructure (libtools),

Check the thread again. He's using Visual Studio.

I hope to be able to provide Visual Studio project files in the
future, but right now I don't have time to produce such a thing for
the project.

> or to at least provide enough information for him to feel
> comfortable with bjam,

I'd be happy to; he should bring his Boost.Build questions to the
boost-build list if possible.

> however, should your help not be quite what
> he is looking for, I hope he can find the Perforce-jam tools manuals
> still on-line from a decade ago when they were more popular.

That won't help much. Perforce Jam is an almost entirely different
beast from Boost.Build.

> P.S. Mr. Bourdenas, if you are listening, the old manuals are
> indeed still on-line and can be found at
> http://www.perforce.com/jam/jam.html

No offense intended to Mr. Carew, but you'll be doing yourself a favor
if you ignore that advice. Perforce Jam is mostly irrelevant and most
people who look at it expecting to be helped with Boost.Build end up
very confused.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting