From: boostguy_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-02-07 23:23:41

Hi all,
  I am trying to compile boost into static libraries on windows, but I
am not able to create static libraries. Can someone point out what I am
missing ? I am on a windows XP machine with mingW installed and in path.
  This is a simple task but somehow I am not getting static libraries.

The command line I am using on my command prompt is :
  bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" "-sBUILD=release static multi" stage

  The output libraries created are .lib and .dll, but the filenames are
not starting with libboost-*.lib , they are just boost-*.lib. According
to the http://boost.org/more/getting_started.html#Build_Install ,
windows static libraries should have lib*.lib as the format for the name..
   Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks.

Dhanvi