From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-08 00:16:17

boostguy_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to compile boost into static libraries on windows, but I
> am not able to create static libraries. Can someone point out what I am
> missing ? I am on a windows XP machine with mingW installed and in path.
> This is a simple task but somehow I am not getting static libraries.
>
> The command line I am using on my command prompt is :
> bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" "-sBUILD=release static multi" stage
>
> The output libraries created are .lib and .dll, but the filenames are
> not starting with libboost-*.lib , they are just boost-*.lib. According
> to the http://boost.org/more/getting_started.html#Build_Install ,
> windows static libraries should have lib*.lib as the format for the name..
> Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Did you try:

     bjam "-sTOOLS=mingw" "-sMINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY=c:\mingw" stage

Which should produce all the variations? Or:

     bjam "-sTOOLS=mingw" "-sMINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY=c:\mingw"
"-sBUILD=release" stage

Which should do the only the release, if you don't cate about debugging?

There's no way to tell it to build static link libs. They are either
created or not depending on whether the authors of the individual
libraries provide that or not.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything