From: Robert Vinluan (rvinluan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-10 17:35:11

Hi All,

Right now, in order to compile and link to the iostreams library with
zlib/bzip2 support, I have to include the .cpp files in my project (as
mentioned in the boost docs). I'm not too fond of this idea as I want
to keep 3rd-party code outside of my project build.

Perhaps I have missed something in the docs, but is there another way to
link with the iostreams library without including the .cpp files?

Also along these lines ... is there any reason why zlib.cpp and
bzip2.cpp are not compiled into libboost_iostreams-*.lib?

Many Thanks,

Rob