From: Leon Mergen (leon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-11 21:40:34

Robert Vinluan wrote:

>Right now, in order to compile and link to the iostreams library with
>zlib/bzip2 support, I have to include the .cpp files in my project (as
>mentioned in the boost docs). I'm not too fond of this idea as I want
>to keep 3rd-party code outside of my project build.
>
>Perhaps I have missed something in the docs, but is there another way to
>link with the iostreams library without including the .cpp files?

Huh ? I don't understand... forgive me for my ignorance, since I'm
probably missing your point, but I just, for example, #include
<boost/iostreams/stream.hpp> and it just works, without linking to any
special lib... what exactly are your needs that require linking against
a lib? Or is it that bzip2/zlib support needs linking with a boost
library ?

Regards,

Leon Mergen
http://www.solatis.com/