From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-11 05:09:49

> It states in history.html for regex 1.33.0 that "some of the more
> esoteric options have now been removed, so there is the possibility
> that existing code may fail to compile: however equivalent
> functionality should still be available". I suppose bk_parens and
> bk_braces could be considered esoteric, but I cannot find any
> equivalent functionality. Is that intentional?

Apologies for the slow response I missed the first one.

Aren't the options you want just the same as the POSIX-Basic syntax:

boost::regex e("\\(abc\\)\\{1,2\\}", boost::regex::basic);

See file:///c:/data/boost/develop/boost/libs/regex/doc/syntax_basic.html

For the full syntax and the variations on it (like emacs style regexes).

John.