From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-13 10:55:59

>>Yes. And VC++. But if you prefer different output format you could easily
>>enough generate almost any desirable one.
>
> Well, I had a look at your docs & came away with unresolved questions
> regarding how to set differing output formats. The one method I found
> was to set the log_level to none (which cuts out too much info) didn't
> seem too appealing. What I was looking for was a way to print out the
> progress messages (completing test xxx: succeeded/failed) and the
> message with exceptions on it (just the one line), but nothing more. I
> guess the question I have regarding formatting is, how do you create a
> format & then tie it in to a test suite? If you can get me pointed in
> the right direction I might be able to come up with something.

It really depends on which version of boost you are using. Lets assume it's
latest CVS. Docs wouldn't be too much help - information is way outdated.

What you need is to write a custom unit test log formatter. This is the
class that implements unit_test_log_formatter interface. See
output/compiler_log_formatter.hpp for an example You could register the
custom formatter using unit_test_log::set_formatter() call.
If you have any more specific questions fell free to ask.

Gennadiy