From: David Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-20 19:16:11

If I have an asynchronous state machine running in another thread and
I send it an event, is there any way to have the sending thread block
until the event is processed? I need to use an asynchoronous machine
because the rest of my app is threaded but yet there are points where
I must synchronize to know the machine is in a certain state before
moving on.

>From the documentation it seems like passing zero to
FifoWorker::operator() (via fifo_scheduler::operator()) will do the
trick, but I'm not sure.

I've created a non-blocking asynchronous machine because the
thread calling fifo_scheduler::operator() should not block if
the queue is empty. It should process all events in the queue
and return.

Have I got that all correct?

                             -Dave