From: David Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-21 12:28:37

David Greene wrote:
> If I have an asynchronous state machine running in another thread and
> I send it an event, is there any way to have the sending thread block
> until the event is processed? I need to use an asynchoronous machine
> because the rest of my app is threaded but yet there are points where
> I must synchronize to know the machine is in a certain state before
> moving on.

Moreover, how do I actually extract information from the state
machine? Since fifo_scheduler<>::processor_handle is a
weak_ptr<> I can't use it to query the state of the machine or
extract any machine-specific information (such as elapsed time
in the StopWatch example, if it were asynchronous).

                               -Dave