From: Timothy Ritchey (tritchey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-27 21:37:56

One thing that you might want to look into if you are on NT/2000/XP
derivative is the way your environmental variables are set up. Open
up Preferences from My Computer, go to Advanced, and then Environment
Variables. Make sure you do not have anything in your user
environment settings that might be masking system environment
settings. If you have any LIB or INCLUDEs in your user environment
variable, it can really mess you up in my experience. Merging those
into the system variables and deleting them from user has helped fix
some strange problems compiling for us.