From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-29 22:55:21

what you ask for is not possible with the current xml_?archive classes. I believe what you want could be achieved
by writing your own version of xml_archive.

Robert Ramey
  "Delfin Rojas" <drojas_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:002901c65378$73c35580$3000a8c0_at_winxpme...
  Hello,

  I would like to know if it is possible to use the serialization lib and the XML archive to serialize into XML attributes instead of XML elements. For example I want to be able to generate something like:

  <song id="5" title="foo"/>

  I would also like to know if the order of XML elements is strict. Meaning, if I have the XML:

  <song>
  <id>5</id>
  <name>foo</name>
  </song>

  Can I ask the library to de-serialize "name" and then "id"? What if the xml contains extra XML elements that I don't care to de-serialize? Will I get an error processing the archive?

  If these things are not supported right now, what would it take to support it? New xml archive?

  Thanks a lot,

  Delfin Rojas