From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-29 23:19:45

I went back a looked at it again. I though the something very close
to the following was already in there

extended_type_info *eti = extended_type_info("MY_CLASS");
void * v = eti->create_instance();

But alas - my memory was wrong. The basic machinery is there
and the functional equivalent to the above is certainly there, but
its intertwined sith some other stuff like creation of objects on the
stack, non-default arguments, and other stuff.

I remember I was thinking about adding a little bit onto
extended_type_info to support this but I realise now I never
got around to it. maybe someday.

Robert Ramey