From: Zoltan Szatmary (szaki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-31 06:18:51

Dear Robert,

I have been using the serialization lib for a while. I already wrote
some mail to this list as you might remember. I was quite satisfied with
its performance and ease of use, but now there is a problem I cannot
solve. I need to serialize/deserialize some 50 polymorphic classes, so I
do BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT them. I put all the serialization related logic
into one definition (.cpp) file. I only use two types of archives,
xml_iarchive and xml_oarchive. Now, when I compile the file with Intel
compiler v8.2 on an Itanium based machine and with debug info the result
is a huge (>42MB) object file, which ld (the linker) simply refuses to
link. I am quite sure that the size of the object file is the problem. I
tried to separate the xml_iarchive related code to one .cpp file and the
xml_oarchive related code to an another, but of course this means that
export.hpp is included to both, which results in multiple definitions
error when trying to link the two object files together. Could you
suggest any solution?

Thank you very much in advance

Zoltan Szatmary