From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-11 13:11:45

On Apr 11, 2006, at 4:23 AM, Pratyush wrote:
> The graph populated is taking about 190MB of memory, i.e., 32 bytes/
> vertex
> approx. I was expecting it to take 4 bytes/vertex.

That does sound high... are you using a 32- or 64-bit platform? Each
vertex needs to store a vector, which is typically 3 pointers (12 or
24 bytes, depending on platform). We may be able to shrink the data
structures a little more, but the adjacency list representation
itself can only be compressed so far.

> Am I doing something wrong? My intent is to use "vec_adj_list_impl"
> having no
> properties at all.

The next release of the Graph library will have the
compressed_sparse_row_graph graph type, which requires much less
memory than adjacency_list. Naturally, it's also less flexible.

        Doug