From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-11 13:17:15

Lynn Allan wrote:
> <alert comment="boost newbie">
>
> Thanks for providing the example project for demonstrating usage of
> xpressive. As a windows developer with minimal stl / boost experience,
> it is a terrific aid for "getting up to speed" (and could be a model
> for other libraries to provide "baby steps with training wheels"
> sample code?).
>
> Just a glitch: The vc7.1 project file has a reference to
> xpressive_typeof.hpp, which refers to the non-existent file
> <boost/typeof/typeof.hpp> ... and it goes downhill from there.
>
> The project doesn't actually use xpressive_typeof.hpp, so the example
> project still compiles/links ok .... I suppose this is an obsolete
> reference reflecting an earlier configuration?

Thanks for the bug report. This is a forward reference -- forward in
time, that is. <tongue firmly in cheek> Boost v1.34 will indeed have a
<boost/typeof/typeof.hpp> file, but it isn't out yet. You're right that
the separate download, which is intended to be usable with earlier boost
releases, should probably not have xpressive_typeof.hpp in the project
file. It's auxiliary, as you've noticed.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting