From: james.jones_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-04-17 12:05:09

>From: Tomas Puverle <Tomas.Puverle_at_[hidden]>
>> ... or you can use libxml (http://xmlsoft.org), which is also
>> portable. I used it on Windows and Linux. It is a C library.

>There are further advantages to using libxml.
>The programming model of expat is based on the SAX2 interface. Libxml has
>both the SAX2 and a pull-parser interface, which is generally easier to use
>from an application point of view. Libxml2 is generaly faster than expat. It
>also has better support for all the different XML features such as entities
>etc. I also believe it's more actively maintained and developed.

I may just be showing my ignorance here, but how do people feel about Xerces? Especially given that it's written in C++.

(Note: I'm trying to install Xerces now on Solaris, and it isn't easy.)

Ob the original question: Why not just use Boost serialization?

-
James Jones Administrative Data Mgmt.
(v)732-510-1806 375 Raritan Center Pkwy, Suite A
(f)732-510-1855 Edison, NJ 08837
Visit us on the web at http://www.firstinvestors.com/