From: James Hughes (JHughes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-24 09:50:31

Slightly off topic, but what I would find a great help with regards to
learning Boost is a better description on what each library can do, and more
importantly, what problems it solves.

For example, perhaps someone has a problem they need to solve that a Boost
lib will help with, but just reading through the top level of the
documentation may not give them enough of a hint that this is the case.

My pet one is simple loading and saving of configuration information in XML.
Which library should/can I use for that? Serialisation? Or is there a better
option? Or is there a boost lib in the wings perhaps aimed at that
particular task?

Another is Boost::graph - I see lots of questions about it on the list, but
what real world problems does it solve?

James

ps. If nothing else of course, shared_ptr is ESSENTIAL!!