From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-26 01:53:58

Nyenyec N wrote:

> bjam keeps crashing on me.
>
> I downloaded the executable and tried it on different machines.
> Following the "Getting started" guide bjam.exe always crashes.
>
> "...one of the most highly regarded and expertly designed C++ library
> projects in the world." The build tool crashes at the first step. My
> emails sent to the mailing list are ignored. What gives?
>
> I can't believe that I'm the only person with this problem. It's not
> like Windows is such an exotic platform...

Last time I've built bjam on Windows, which was a week ago, it worked
without any questions.

As for "emails being ignored", I'm sorry. On the other hand, the way you
frame your bug report somewhat reduces the changes of a good reply. You did
not specify your operating system, you did not specify where you've got
bjam -- built from source or dowloaded prebuilt version.

Really, huge number of people built Boost with Visual Studio 2003 and nobody
had this problem, so there should be something wrong either with bjam
version you've got, or with your environment.

- Volodya