From: Jeff Mearing (jeff.mearing_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-26 07:48:20

Hi,

I am currently running Linux (Fedora), with python2.4 . I am keen to use
boost to enable me to use python and C++ code together. I have built the
Boost package using Bjam. All seemed to go good there following the
build instruction for the hello world example. I then built the hello
world example fine using the :

bjam -sTOOLS=gcc HelloTest

now if i run up python on the command line, and type:

>> import hello

into the python shell it fails to find the hello module, i then tried
moving the hello.so file into :

/usr/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload

the hello module is now found, however the 'libboost_python.so' cant be
found, i guess because hello depends on this and it cannot be found.
Which environment variable do i have to set to fix this link problem?

Current environment variable settings:

PYTHON_PATH=usr/lib
PYTHON_ROOT=usr/lib
PYTHON_VERSION=2.4