From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-02 02:26:25

"Vivek Bhat" <bhat.vivek_at_[hidden]> wrote

> Hello, I'm a Mechanical Engineer (see: programming-knowledge defficient) and
> I need some code to output an elapsed time, accurate to within at least
> hundredths of a second.

Hi Vivek.

Actually I think you are on the wrong boost list. The one you want for this sort
of
query is the boost user list gmane.comp.lib.boost.user. I have cross posted this
item there and you should send
any followups there only too.

> It appears to me as though the 'timer'
> library<http://www.boost.org/libs/timer/timer.htm>is ideal for this
> application, but when I try to run the simple code given
> in the documentation, I get errors regarding missing .hpp files. I'm
> assuming that I have made errors in downloading and installing the boost
> libraries. I tried to read the 'getting started' section, but I'm having
> difficulty understanding. Are there any more simple 'getting started'
> instructions available for programming dunces running Windows?

As far as I know Boost.Timer is just a wrapper for the C standard timer
functions in <ctime>.
Anyway it would be helpful to provide more details of the compiler you are using
and the actual error messages you are getting too.

Hope this helps

regards
Andy Little