From: Dale McCoy (dalestan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-02 02:41:40

On 5/2/06, chun ping wang wrote:
> Its more of a c++ question but i wonder how would I pass constant variables
> into template parameters such as nth_index_iterator.
> Example: void func(const int& var)
> {
> nth_index_iterator<var>::type;
> }
>
> Is this possible whats the work around this limitation?

Template parameters must be known at compile-time. If var is known at
compile time, changing it to a #define should work. If var is not
known at compile time, then you can't use it as a template parameter;
you'll have to find something else that'll do the job (eg
std::vector<bool> rather than std::bitmask<N>).

Strange tricks involving dynamic compiling and linking might work, but
that would be several different types of difficult.

Dale