From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-08 07:50:04

"Russell Hind" wrote:

[ BCB bugs ]

> I've had this for a long time and finally listened to the posts on the
> borland groups about disabling class explorer permanently. I haven't
> had any compilation/ide crashes since (still occasional debugger crash
> but not very often) for over a week now on too machines. If you
> haven't, try it. Delete the registry key in
> HKCU\Software\Borland\C++Builder\6.0\Known IDE Packages
>
> which ends in bcbcxp60.bpl (well I renamed it to bcbcxp60.bpl.old)
> instead and the IDE prompts you to disable it next time you start.
>
> It has been *much* more stable since.

The IDE crashes are the smaller problem
(Class Explorer is disabled, IDE crashes
say every few hours).

I've got random internal compiler errors,
in project consisting from small, separate DLLs.
They can get "worked around" by shuffling code,
splitteing sources or renaming variables.

This randomness is the main reason why
I limit my dependence on BCB.

/Pavel