From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-08 07:23:59

Pavel Vozenilek wrote:

> However I am offloading as much functionality as
> possible from BCB to VC++ since BCB randomly
> crashes when a project grows too big.

I've had this for a long time and finally listened to the posts on the
borland groups about disabling class explorer permanently. I haven't
had any compilation/ide crashes since (still occasional debugger crash
but not very often) for over a week now on too machines. If you
haven't, try it. Delete the registry key in
HKCU\Software\Borland\C++Builder\6.0\Known IDE Packages

which ends in bcbcxp60.bpl (well I renamed it to bcbcxp60.bpl.old)
instead and the IDE prompts you to disable it next time you start.

It has been *much* more stable since.

> As for ublas: wasn't it possible to extract 1.31 ublas
> and replace the new version? I know how nasty this
> is but Boost releases are only twice a year.

I've thought about this at the weekend and will attempt it with 1.33.1
when I get some free time to try and start building under BDS.

Cheers

Russell