From: steve ahlgren (steveahlgren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-09 14:36:24

Hello :

I am using boost::test to provide testing in multiple modules (dlls on
win32). A single exe is used to call each of the test facilities in
each module.

In theory the above sounds ideal, especially as each individual unit
test within a module is registered via an abstract factory. In
practice, however, I am unable to link the individual modules properly
as each one seems to require the function init_unit_test_suite() to be
defined.

This is mentioned in the FAQ but I have not yet found documentation or
examples documenting boost::test spanning multiple modules. I would
think that one instance of init_unit_test_suite() would be necessary
within the controlling exe, and that each module (dll) would link
statically against the boost::test library. Linking against this
library, however, causes the problems described above.

If anyone has suggestions or an example I would be grateful.

Many thanks;
sga