From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-11 17:12:12

"steve ahlgren" <steveahlgren_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hello :
>
> I am using boost::test to provide testing in multiple modules (dlls on
> win32). A single exe is used to call each of the test facilities in
> each module.
>
> In theory the above sounds ideal, especially as each individual unit
> test within a module is registered via an abstract factory. In
> practice, however, I am unable to link the individual modules properly
> as each one seems to require the function init_unit_test_suite() to be
> defined.
>
> This is mentioned in the FAQ but I have not yet found documentation or
> examples documenting boost::test spanning multiple modules. I would

Multimodule support was working always. But not for DLLs.

> think that one instance of init_unit_test_suite() would be necessary
> within the controlling exe, and that each module (dll) would link
> statically against the boost::test library. Linking against this
> library, however, causes the problems described above.

You couldn't use DLL build unless you are using CVS version of Boost.Test.
It simple doesn't support that. With latest version you could do that but
the init interface is different. I f you interested I could give you more
details. Also you could look into dll example in libs/test/example directory

> If anyone has suggestions or an example I would be grateful.
>
> Many thanks;
> sga

Gennadiy