From: george (george13p_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-11 13:27:57

hello Joaquin

> You have to lockguard every access to the container; note this
> also includes, for instance, container traversal with iterators,
> i.e. iterator displacement. Strictly speaking, iterator dereference
> should also be lockguarded, although I can say unofficially that
> unguarded dereference is OK.

can you explain a litle more?
as I konw from STL, multiple readers is ok.
reading and inserting a new object does't invalidate iterators(for pointer-based
conteiners offcourse,list, map etc...)

a concurrent read and insert in multi_index are not (safely)possible?
I mean there might be an iterator invalidation?
offcourse there is a chance for a 'dirty-read' but this for the
domain of the aplication if it is a problem and not for multi_index.

thanks.