From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-23 07:54:40

Christopher Hart wrote:
> All:
>
> I'm trying to run the captures example included in the Boost.Regex
> documentation. When running the captures example verbatim, I get:
> "Program received signal: "EXC_BAD_ACCESS"."
>
> This is happening on Mac OS X 10.4.6 (Intel) with Boost 1.33.1. This
> problem seems to be related to the definition of
> BOOST_REGEX_MATCH_EXTRA - if I don't use captures and leave the macro
> undefined, other regex functions work fine.

In order to use the extended capture information then you must define
BOOST_REGEX_MATCH_EXTRA:

*both when building your application, and when building the regex lib*

If you're linking against the standard bjam built lib's then this won't
work: the lib's won't be binary compatible with the BOOST_REGEX_MATCH_EXTRA
option. Yes I no this is a pain, but it's a feature that has costs, so I
don't want to enable it by default.

John.