From: Seweryn Habdank-Wojewódzki (habdank_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-23 14:36:55

Hi

Beth Jacobson wrote:

> ticks()/ticks_per_second() will give you the correct number of seconds.

I know it.

> I think Seweryn was talking about this:
> long total_seconds()
> ^^^^

Yes. Exactly.

> You can have a time duration of 200 years, but the number of seconds in
> 200 years is too large to fit in a long, so the total_seconds() function
> won't work.

Exactly.

> According to the doc, ticks() returns a boost::int64_t. Couldn't
> total_seconds(), total_milliseconds(), etc. do the same?

Yes. So the question is if there is any possibility to parametrize it with
other tyle bigger than long.

In fact there is no bignum library in boost. Probably reason is because GMP is
very good. But sometimes there is important to calculate time distances bigger
than numeric_limits<long>::max()/(365*24*60*60) what is more less 68 years.

Regards.

--
|\/\/|   Seweryn Habdank-Wojewódzki
`\/\/