From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-29 13:59:49

"Ovanes Markarian" <om_boost_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> yesterday I downloaded the boost installer package from boost-consulting site
> (http://www.boost-consulting.com/download.html) and started the installation. Everything was fine,
> but now I have a question:
> After choosing and installing the desired libraries I would like to know what should be expected
> as a result?
>
> I selected to install the libraries for Visual C++ 8.0, but I still
> had to put manually into C++
>
> Options Dialog the directories to boost includes, libs and
> binaries. Shouldn't this be done by setup?

I'm not sure if there's a way to do that, and even then, would it
really be appropriate to force those settings on all of a user's
projects?

> Would not it be better to create merge modules, so that boost users
> could use them for their installations as well?

Sorry, what's a merge module?... Googling... oh, nice idea.
Unfortunately it's not supported by the installer technology we chose
AFAICT.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting