From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-29 19:49:00

David Abrahams wrote:

>>I selected to install the libraries for Visual C++ 8.0, but I still
>>had to put manually into C++ Options Dialog the directories to boost includes, libs and
>>binaries. Shouldn't this be done by setup?
>>

>I'm not sure if there's a way to do that, and even then, would it
>really be appropriate to force those settings on all of a user's
>projects?

These settings are not per-project in VS, at least not typically (I'm
not sure whether per-project include paths are even possible). Neither
do they hurt, in particular not with Boost, where all headers are in a
subdirectory. On the other hand, you _have_ to add the include and
library paths, or else hard-code the full path to the Boost includes in
the include file names. Nobody does that.

Sebastian Redl