From: Cliff Green (cliffg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-02 18:03:25

  "Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> It is stated in the documentation that native binary
>archives cannot be
> expected to be portable accross machine architectures.
> text (and xml) based
> archives should be portabable without problem.

I think this has been requested before, but maybe now with
Beman's new (and nice) "endian" library, it's time to put
together a portable (cross-platform) binary archive scheme
(maybe more than one) for Boost.Serialization.

I have yet to use Boost.Serialization, so I don't know the
issues or scope of effort, but would be happy to volunteer
some help (and it would be a good excuse to start learning
B.S).

Cliff