From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-19 03:38:01

Stan Vasilyev wrote:
> I'm using boost::archive::xml_iarchive to read data from an XML
> archive created by hand. It works as long as I keep all the tags in
> the same order that they are serialized in my code. As soon as I put
> in an extra XML tag somewhere, de-serialization fails.
>
> Since XML is order-independent, is it possible to make
> boost::serialization also order-independent?

I think there is a google summer-of-code project to make a simple XML
archive as it seems many people are using the XML archive for config
files etc, so I would hope that order-independence would be part of it.

I like the current archive as it is, but would like the simpler one
added too. We serialize our data files which can be up to 100Mb in size
when written as XML. Parsing those as order independent would involve a
huge penalty I would guess (and they are already drastically slower than
binary archives).

Cheers

Russell