From: ChuMing (ngchumin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-30 04:31:21

Hi,

I am handling some project which mixes managed and unmanaged C++ code.
With boost 1.33 I’m hitting problems with the header
is_mem_fun_pointer_tester.hpp.

There are warnings popping up due to the use of __fastcall
calling convertion in boost and its incompatible with compiling
some of our code with the /clr flag turned on. Managed C++ is
incompatible with the __fastcall calling convention because what
it does is it preloads certain registers with the function parameters
but for /clr compilation it is compiling to MSIL so this cannot be
done and upon encountering any __fastcall the Managed C++ compiler
will change it to __stdcall.

Does anyone know the implications of disabling these warnings
and whether it is safe to do that? I did not get these warnings
with the previous versions of boost though.

Thanks and regards,
Chu-Ming