From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-30 11:46:52

ChuMing wrote:
> There are warnings popping up due to the use of __fastcall
> calling convertion in boost and its incompatible with compiling
> some of our code with the /clr flag turned on. Managed C++ is
> incompatible with the __fastcall calling convention because what
> it does is it preloads certain registers with the function parameters
> but for /clr compilation it is compiling to MSIL so this cannot be
> done and upon encountering any __fastcall the Managed C++ compiler
> will change it to __stdcall.
>
> Does anyone know the implications of disabling these warnings
> and whether it is safe to do that? I did not get these warnings
> with the previous versions of boost though.

It's completely safe to suppress those warnings in this case: the code is
there just to detect whether __fastcall functions are functions or not. If
they're not supported with managed code, no harm will come to you from this.
Long term we should bracket the __fastcall bit in #ifndef _MANAGED guards.

John.