From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-03 10:26:49

Sascha Lumma(e)k dio:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that kernel 2.6 is a requirement for shmem on linux. Is it
> possible to get shmem to run - maybe with constraints - together with
> kernel 2.4 and the older pthread version (linuxthreads)? A start on a
> kernel 2.4 box produces a segmentation fault in shared_memory.hpp.
> To reach most users as possible, it would be nice to be compatible or if
> not possible to get as a minimum a normal termination.
>
> Sascha Lumma

Sorry, 2.4 has no process-shared primitives, and it's not a priority to
emulate them. If anyone wants to contribute them, they are welcome ;-)

I agree that process-crash is not an correct result, but could you
investigate what's happening? Maybe an exception is being thrown when
constructing a process shared mutex and that should be a correct error
report, IMHO.

Regards,

Ion