From: Loïc Joly (loic.joly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-10 12:07:56

Hello,

In boost::graph doc, I can read
(http://www.boost.org/libs/graph/doc/file_dependency_example.html)

> A compilation system such as make has to be able to answer a number of questions:
>
> 1. If we need to compile (or recompile) all of the files, what order should that be done it?
> 2. What files can be compiled in parallel?
> 3. If a file is changed, which files must be recompiled?
> 4. Are there any cycles in the dependencies? (which means the user has made a mistake and an error should be emitted)

I'd like to do something related to the point #3, and looked in the doc,
but could not find it. Since I'm not at all a graph expert, I'd like to
know whether there is a basic graph algorithm that can be used to remove
from a graph all nodes who are not marked as modified and whose all
dependencies (recursively) are not marked as modified either.

--
Loïc