From: Hubert Hoover (hugh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-10 13:16:58

On Jul 9, 2006, at 21:24, Robert Ramey wrote:

> In your test case you serialize SimpleNode instance
> rather than a pointer. So I would ne expect
> save_construct_data to be called in this case.
>
> A couple of things don't look right to me.
>
> a0 Node has a serialize function. But the program
> also includes
>
> boost::serialization::void_cast_register<SimpleNode, Node>(NULL,
>> NULL);

I've been finding it necessary on other classes, but I'll try
removing it.

> which I believe should be necessary only if the
> SimpleNode serialize function doesn't invoke
> base_object ...
>
> b) Of course I'm wondering what CORE_DATA_API
> might expand to - and if this might prevent the
> compiler from finding the specializaton.

On gcc, it expands to nothing, on VC8, it expands to __declspec
(dllexport) or __declspec(dllimport) as appropriate.

I'm now trying to figure out what I did for my last change, because
I'm now getting a linker undefined error for:
boost::archive::text_iarchive_impl<boost::archive::text_iarchive>::load_
override(boost::archive::class_name_type&, int)

I thought it was just shifting where the boost/serialization headers
get included, but switching back didn't restore the symbol...

when I get that figured out, I'll get back to the problem of interest...